General Forum ยป Grade of Memories for Piano and Cello

• Alice
    Alice Yorkshire
    I :love: the music and would like to play memories with my friend who is a cellist. Does anybody know what standard memories is?

I love the music and would like to play memories with my friend who is a cellist. Does anybody know what standard memories is?

• SHOKOLAT
    SHOKOLAT
    Thank you for the kind words. I feel strongly that most music should transcend the idea of "grades": if you like it enough to want to play it, then you will be able to. This is the best way to raise your standards in music rather than playing music you don't like that is seen to be the appropriate level! Grade Cello 3 would perhaps be a minimum, but the only tricky bit is the last Cello part which you can "cheat" with by leaving out a few notes! For piano, grade 5 perhaps... At some stage I will make the piano accompaniment alone available for lone Cellists to play along with. I hope this helps - enjoy. S

Thank you for the kind words. I feel strongly that most music should transcend the idea of "grades": if you like it enough to want to play it, then you will be able to. This is the best way to raise your standards in music rather than playing music you don't like that is seen to be the appropriate level! Grade Cello 3 would perhaps be a minimum, but the only tricky bit is the last Cello part which you can "cheat" with by leaving out a few notes! For piano, grade 5 perhaps...

At some stage I will make the piano accompaniment alone available for lone Cellists to play along with.

I hope this helps - enjoy.

S

• Alice
    Alice Yorkshire
    I don't really like Grading either, but it seems to be the international benchmark, so there's not much we can do... That's great news, because we're both about 6...so phew!!! Can't wait to get the music! Keep up the beautiful music :love:. When/where do you compose?

I don't really like Grading either, but it seems to be the international benchmark, so there's not much we can do...
    That's great news, because we're both about 6...so phew!!! Can't wait to get the music!
    Keep up the beautiful music love. When/where do you compose?

• SHOKOLAT
    SHOKOLAT
    The sheet music for Memories for Cello and Piano will be available soon by popular request! As a full-time surgeon I compose "when I can". I occasionally play in the hospital chapel. I record either on my own Steinway, a Boesendorfer Imperial or a Stuart and Sons Piano (search google for this remarkable piano).

The sheet music for Memories for Cello and Piano will be available soon by popular request! As a full-time surgeon I compose "when I can". I occasionally play in the hospital chapel. I record either on my own Steinway, a Boesendorfer Imperial or a Stuart and Sons Piano (search google for this remarkable piano).

• Alice
    Alice Yorkshire
    My Dad has just bought the music for me, for an Xmas present. =] Can't wait until Christmas day...! Merry Christmas to you! I think it is wonderful that you write when you have free time, as I would very much like to do something like that when I'm older. Congratulations on your beautiful music again! :love: The Stuart and Sons piano looks amazing, I agree! When you were brought up what style piano did you learn and also I was wondering if you were taught composition as a child? Thanks again, and keep composing, it must be wonderful to be able to do something which can give others so much joy and the gift of putting down emotions. Maybe one day I will be able to so beautifully... Thank you. REPLY - ALICE, THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR KIND WORDS. I HAVE SOME NEW PIECES OUT, AND IF YOU EMAIL ME INFO@SHOKOLAT.CO.UK I WILL SEND YOU MY BEST FOR FREE. I WAS NEVER TAUGHT COMPOSITION, BUT CAME UP WITH MY FIRST TUNES AROUND AGE 20 (NOT TOO LONG AGO!) THE INSPIRATION CAME FROM MY PARENTS WHO CONTRIBUTED TO A FANTASTIC PIANO WHEN A MADE IT TO MEDICAL SCHOOL, WHICH GAVE ME THE INCENTIVE TO KEEP PLAYING. AS A CLASSICAL PIANIST, MY INSPIRATIONS INCLUDE CHOPIN, SCHUBERT AND BEETHOVEN TO WHOM I PAY TRIBUTE IN MY MUSIC. AS A FULL TIME DOCTOR, IT IS DIFFICULT FOR ME TO GAIN EXPOSURE E.G. BY TOURING AND PERFORMING, SO FEEL FREE TO RECOMMEND ME TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY OR REQUEST ME ON RADIO!!! MY BIGGEST FAN-BASE IS IN GERMANY WHERE I FEATURE REGULARLY ON KLASSIKRADIO (WWW.KLASSIKRADIO.DE). ALL THE BEST TO YOU! S.

My Dad has just bought the music for me, for an Xmas present. =] Can't wait until Christmas day...! Merry Christmas to you!
    I think it is wonderful that you write when you have free time, as I would very much like to do something like that when I'm older.
    Congratulations on your beautiful music again!
    love
    The Stuart and Sons piano looks amazing, I agree!
    When you were brought up what style piano did you learn and also I was wondering if you were taught composition as a child?
    Thanks again, and keep composing, it must be wonderful to be able to do something which can give others so much joy and the gift of putting down emotions. Maybe one day I will be able to so beautifully... Thank you.

REPLY - ALICE, THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR KIND WORDS. I HAVE SOME NEW PIECES OUT, AND IF YOU EMAIL ME INFO@SHOKOLAT.CO.UK I WILL SEND YOU MY BEST FOR FREE. I WAS NEVER TAUGHT COMPOSITION, BUT CAME UP WITH MY FIRST TUNES AROUND AGE 20 (NOT TOO LONG AGO!) THE INSPIRATION CAME FROM MY PARENTS WHO CONTRIBUTED TO A FANTASTIC PIANO WHEN A MADE IT TO MEDICAL SCHOOL, WHICH GAVE ME THE INCENTIVE TO KEEP PLAYING. AS A CLASSICAL PIANIST, MY INSPIRATIONS INCLUDE CHOPIN, SCHUBERT AND BEETHOVEN TO WHOM I PAY TRIBUTE IN MY MUSIC. AS A FULL TIME DOCTOR, IT IS DIFFICULT FOR ME TO GAIN EXPOSURE E.G. BY TOURING AND PERFORMING, SO FEEL FREE TO RECOMMEND ME TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY OR REQUEST ME ON RADIO!!! MY BIGGEST FAN-BASE IS IN GERMANY WHERE I FEATURE REGULARLY ON KLASSIKRADIO (WWW.KLASSIKRADIO.DE). ALL THE BEST TO YOU! S.

• Bonnie
    Bonnie Suffolk
    Hi Shokolat, just came across your music-truly beautiful. I have taught myself the piano for the last three years and am finding lessons do not fit in with what I want to do. Agree about the grades, I have acomplished more than I ever thought possibe just through determination to play a piece that i love. Would love the sheet music for this piece. Keep up the great work! SHOKOLAT: Many thanks for your kind words. Well done for keeping it up and achieving your musical ambitions. My sheet music is available from the online shop. Most are very easy to pick up and play. Song without words is in C-Major, for example. Good luck! S.

Hi Shokolat, just came across your music-truly beautiful. I have taught myself the piano for the last three years and am finding lessons do not fit in with what I want to do. Agree about the grades, I have acomplished more than I ever thought possibe just through determination to play a piece that i love. Would love the sheet music for this piece. Keep up the great work!

SHOKOLAT:
    Many thanks for your kind words. Well done for keeping it up and achieving your musical ambitions. My sheet music is available from the online shop. Most are very easy to pick up and play. Song without words is in C-Major, for example.
    Good luck!
    S.

Add your message- It will be added as the newest post